Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Movement

God has been at work in our little part of the world, not that he hasn’t been, but something different is happening. In my previous post, I mentioned my friend Rich. I am so blessed to have Rich for a friend. We have known each other since before either of us were Christ-followers, and it is amazing to see what God has done in our lives. Rich was blessed to find an awesome church family that has nourished his spirit, encouraged his spiritual gifts, and loved him into the presence of God.

Rich’s church is very charismatic. Most of the experiences that I’ve had with Charismatic churches have been uneasy at best. I’ve witnessed people so caught up in chasing religious experiences that it was like a drug. I’ve seen people do all kinds of crazy stuff in God’s name so I was skeptical when Rich started talking about what God was doing in his church. They have been helping people through sort through the crap in their lives and helping people get healed and set free by God. But the more we talked, the more it made sense. My background is with 12-step groups, so I’ve been through some of this stuff… Unfortunately, not many other Christians have….

Anyway, I was blessed to watch and assist several people deal with their past and lay it as the cross this week. People are getting free as they are dealing with unforgiveness, vows and judgements that have bound them for years. People in our little religious, legalistic town are tasting the freedom that only comes from having a relationship with God, and they want more. People are beginning to experience what we’ve only talked about until now. God is moving, and it is good….

I’ve got more to write, but no time at the moment...

No comments: