Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Knowledge of the Universe






I love the show The Universe. It does a great job making the latest knowledge about our universe accessible to common-folk in. I caught this episode one night as I was fighting off a coma from lack of sleep.

I was struck by how human's knowledge of the universe "transcends and includes". We discover something new and the next person uses that knowledge as a platform to jump to the next level of understanding. Exactly what Integral Theory sees as "evolution".

I also noticed how the different conclusions correlate with stages of awareness. From pre-rational to rational to trans-rational. From premodern to modern to postmodern. From egocentric to ethnocentric to worldcentric. As human's develop, the universe appears to keep getting bigger. Perhaps co-created?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the history of our knowledge of the universe....

No comments: