Saturday, September 18, 2004

Our little gathering had a barbecue last night. Good times! A little beer, a lot of laughs, and friendships growing.... plus, our kids had a great time together.

+Thank you Lord for being faithful and trustworthy!+

I haven't blogged about this, but I took a job with our "latchkey" program at the church. We have about 90 kids that we take care of after school until their parents can get them. I'm the only guy working with 5 other women. See what a college education can get you! :-)

I see so many things that break my heart. The other day a little girl in my class was crying and I asked her what was wrong. Her mom never gives her money for soda, and the little girl had finally talked her into it. She was waiting all day to buy the soda. The bell rings and she runs to the soda machine, inserts her money.....and an older boy steals her soda, runs off, throws it on the ground, breaks it and runs off laughing (Good thing I didn't see him do it!). So, after the class had snack I snuck off and spent 50 cents to buy her another one. When I came walking onto the playground with that Mountain Dew you would have thought her whole world had changed. 50 stinking cents. Sometimes that's all it costs to change someone's day.

I've got a lot of stuff running through my head regarding leadership etc....but no time to write. School is almost complete! Three more weeks and I'll have Bachelor's Degree at 36 years old! Better late than never....

No comments: