Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life

Reminder: John Stossel is on 20/20 tomorrow night talking about "Bullshit in America".

Everyone has had the flu in our house. I'm the last one standing, and my "standing" hasn't been that good either since I've been having back problems. So, not much time to post...

Trish and I went to a benefit concert and saw Vitamen A and The Schwag. I must say that Vitamen A gave me hope for the St. Louis music scene. All of them look like computer programmers, but put on a good show. I guess you could call them a jamband influenced by Phish, The Police, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Catchy, good energy, talented musicians. They have influenced me to get my chops back up so I've been bringing my guitar to work.

I'd like to get a jamband together doing everything from originals to Allman Brothers, to Bob Marley, to hardcore funk, to alt-country....

Had a great conversation with Trish about our "shadow" and how she has chosen to confront certain attractions and aversions in her life. I miss "Wonderful Wednesdays"...sigh...

By the way, Divine Nobodies is asking some interesting questions about how forgiveness and the resurrection effects your life today....

3 comments:

Ink Flinger said...

Glad to hear you're digging into music again. I just bought an inexpensive electric guitar, and I've been having a blast with that even though I haven't played electric for about 15 years. My son, knowing that, told me, "Dad you'll probably have to practice awhile before you remember how to play." I think he was shocked when I responded by selecting a Marshall stack amp model and letting 'er rip!

(Squier Telecaster - $200, Vox practice amp - $70, look on my son's face - priceless!)

Roger said...

THat's great Matt! My kids are never impressed by my playing...but some of their friends are.

Ink Flinger said...

Oh, I'm not that impressive. I think he was just amazed that his boring old dad would use distortion!