Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Wayne Jacobsen posted a few pamphlets by Jack Gray that I was browsing when I read this prayer from the A.W. Tozer book, "I Talk Back To The Devil".

"Now Lord,if I do the things I know I should do,and if I say what I know in my heart I should say, I will be in trouble with people and groups --there is no other way! Not only will I be in trouble for taking my stand in faith and honesty, but I will certainly be in a situation where I will be seriously tempted of the devil.

Almighty Lord,I accept this with my eyes open.I know the facts and I know what may happen,but I accept it. I will not run. I will not hide. I will not crawl under a rug -- and I know that when I am weak, then I am strong. So, I do not let anyone praise me, and I try not to pay attention to those who would blame me. This is how I have learned to stand for Christ and all that He is to His own."


Jack's story is one of a man earnestly seeking God, but not finding Him in organized forms of religion, and dieing to preconceived ideas of structure to allow the Spirit to blow as He may. His story is one that I can relate to, especially right now....

No comments: