Monday, August 16, 2004

Trish and I had such a great time this weekend! My mom and dad kept the kids from Thursday to Sunday!!! Man, I almost forgot what it was to be just a couple in love with each other! We went out to eat, snuggled, talked.... This was a much needed break! If you get the chance to give a break to some parents by taking their kids for awhile, realize IT IS MINISTRY!

Have you ever felt that change is coming, you're not sure you know what's going to happen, but you now something is going to happen? That's how I feel right now. Not exactly comfortable...a little anxious...but I know that good things will come of it.

The downside of the weekend was church related....sigh... I've tried to distance myself as much as possible from the inner workings of the IC we are serving at, but the system keeps sucking (in more ways than one) me back in. There was some weirdness taking place with an individual, as well as some statements and teaching that I just can't buy into. The mission and vision that I was helping with took a turn for the ordinary (I had a feeling it would.). In other words: SNAFU.

You know, we have finally started to have some good relationships with people and NOW the time is coming to move on. God has an interesting sense of timing. It seems like all we have wanted are some people to journey with...I'm still trusting.... I told Trish that those who quit being our friends because God is calling us to something else, were never our friends in the first place. Friendships and relationships built on a Sunday morning address have a flimsy foundation at best.

Ranting Completed.

No comments: