Friday, October 29, 2004

A few months ago I decided I wanted to learn how to play Texas Holdem. The recent WSOP and WPT shows have inspired me to give it a shot. I've always liked playing poker, but it's been years since I've indulged. I've been playing on the internet and have actually graduated from being a "fish" to being a decent player.

Here are a few lessons I've learned that may, or may not apply to the rest of life:

1. You can play your hand right and still lose.

2. Consistent good-decisions pay off in the long run even if you take a couple of bad beats now and then.

3. Good things can happen to bad players, but players who depend on luck eventually lose their shirt.

4. Intimidation can be worth more than good cards in your hand.

5. If you don't know who the "fish" at the table is, YOU ARE IT!

No comments: