Saturday, April 23, 2005

Abba's Comfort

I posted on Nov. 3, 2003 regarding a dream I had about my Granny. My Granny was an awesome lady! She represents safety, comfort, and servanthood to me. She has been gone for going on two years now and I think about her from time to time, but nothing really emotional or anything.

Last night I had another vivid dream about her. I usually can't remember most of my dreams, so this in itself is unusual for me.

I don't know that the specific dream was really all that important. What was important was that I awoke at 1:30 feeling her presence and comfort. I had tears rolling down my cheeks as I awoke. I got and went to the couch to soak in what was going on, and God made it clear that it was not Granny comforing me, but Him. He let me know that He is with us on this journey, even when He feels distant, or chooses to remain silent. So, last night, with tears rolling down my cheeks I sat in the arms of Abba and was comforted. . .

2Co 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! He is the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our suffering, so that we may be able to comfort others in all their suffering, since we ourselves are being comforted by God. For just as Christ's sufferings overflow to us, so our comfort overflows through Christ.

No comments: