Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Brat Camp

Sorry for the silence. Our internet has been down since a storm Saturday evening.

Trish and I stumbled across the reality show "Brat Camp" this past weekend. They had a marathon to get people up to date. It's about an intense wilderness camp that teaches troubled kids to be responsible and deal with their emotions in healthy ways in an intense environment. It reminded me so much of going through drug treatment as a teenager. My mom and dad should have thrown me in one of those camps. I deserved it. But I also relate to the counselors who give a large portion of their own lives to help these kids. I think that kind of sacrifice is Jesus in action in our world today... It also reminds me of the comraderie and fellowship that I experienced in NA groups for many years that I have yet to find in the institutional church. . .

No comments: