Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Reflections

My first week of working with Behavior Disorder students has been challenging, interesting and tiring. Let me see. . . I've been cussed at, threatened and had to restrain a child in my first week. I'm told it will get worse as the kids get more comfortable....Great.....!

I am so grateful for my children, as knuckleheaded as they can be! Our family isn't perfect, but at least there is some love and concern there. Just about every kid has home issues that contribute to their behavior problems. I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise. But, there is not a kid that I don't have hope for (great grammar). I hope that many of them will return to normal classes in the future.

Speaking of my kids. My middle has been diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder. To be honest, it is a relief. She doesn't have the social debilitating issues that many people have, but it is enough that we have been concerned for awhile about her social growth. This answers a lot of questions for us! I look forward to learning how to help her!

If you've read Trish's blog, you've seen we decided to leave the church where we currently serve. This is a big step in our journey. It has been a long time coming, and if you've read here you know the many reasons. All I can say is that I have peace about it, and I look forward to what God has in store, though we have no clue what that is....

No comments: