Thursday, August 04, 2005

Slinky Job

In our quest to figure out a way to earn some money while not neglecting our kids and other relationships, I got a job at our local school. I am going to be a personal aid to a young man with a behavior disorder. It will be challenging.... I really don't know what to expect.... I am already praying for him though...

The upside is that we finally will have some medical benefits, and I will be off work when the kids are off school! The downside is that the pay isn't great...but I have had some thoughts about getting my Master's Degree at some point...so who knows...

We are doing the music for Vacation Bible School at our church this week. This is probably the only time I truely enjoy playing for the church. 200 screaming kids, who actually enjoy what we do! We've been singing Born To Be Wild and I'm A Believer and everyone's favorite Lions (The Slinky Song)!

Find out more about the song that won the Joh Lennon songwriting award, and happens to be one of the most powerful songs of spiritual warfare ever: The Slinky Song.

OH THEM LIONS THEY CAN EAT MY BODY, BUT THEY CAN'T SWALLOW MY SOUL. THEY KEEP ON TRYING TO CRASH MY PARTY BUT THEY CAN'T GET CONTROL.
NO WAY, BABY.

SATAN PROWLS LIKE A ROARING LION, SEEKING WHOM HE WILL DEVOUR.
YET I KNOW THAT THOUGH HE KEEPS ON TRYING, HE'S NO MATCH FOR JESUS' POWER!

EVEN DEMONS BELIEVE AND TREMBLE, BUT THEY TRY TO RUIN YOUR LIFE THE SAME. YET I KNOW THAT WHEN THE SAINTS ASSEMBLE, SATAN RUNS AT EVERY SIGN OF JESUS' NAME!

No comments: