Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whipping Post Nirvana

I'll follow up with some more on True Freedom when I have a chance. . . I love the dialogue! Thanks for participating....

Music is big part of my life, and I don't talk much about it here, but that's going to change. . .

May I just say that under the right conditions that "Whipping Post" from The Allman Brothers Band live album "At Fillmore East" may be considered a spiritual experience. 22 minutes and 44 seconds of heaven.

This is not the album version, but you'll get the flava of some down-home hippie jam band music!

3 comments:

Ink Flinger said...

As the former roommate of a rabid Yes fan, I couldn't help but notice they went through 11/8 time, 4/4 time, and 3/4 time in the first minute or so. Cool! I always thought of the Allman Brothers as primarily a blues band, but that's some pretty progressive rhythmic variety.

Mama T said...

Great jam... I love these guys too...

Roger said...

I agree Matt. I think that's what sets them apart from other blues bands. They were not afraid to experiment. I like Derek and Domnioes live stuff from this era too.

I love the blues. I love jam bands. This is my sweet spot....