Sunday, December 07, 2008

Death, Silence, Beauty

I apologize for my silence here. No, actually I don't.

I've been covering a coworkers vacation and working 3rd Shift. We got a new dog (partially against my better judgment, but hey, I'm a softy). Trish's Grandma moved on from this world, and Trish is in SLC for the funeral. Life is just generally....busy and beautiful.

Some random thoughts and ruminating from my distorted perspective on life and spirituality:

  • Ken Wilber's Integral Theory is perhaps the most complete explanation of how I believe our universe works. I didn't know much about it, but it is a harmonization of science and spirituality that allows each its place. I'll be posting more later.
  • Teens and pre-teens can be completely different people from one day to the next, heck from one minute to the next. What happened to my sweet little kids?
  • Was Jesus a non-dualist?
  • Brand new Christmas lights will still wait until the tree is completely decorated for half of the strand to go out. I suspect they have some sort of intelligence.

2 comments:

steve s said...

"Teens and pre-teens can be completely different people from one day to the next, heck from one minute to the next. What happened to my sweet little kids?"

They are still in there... somewhere. Give it about 7 years though...

steve s said...

"Brand new Christmas lights will still wait until the tree is completely decorated for half of the strand to go out. I suspect they have some sort of intelligence."

This is very similar to your kids but the lights are just plain evil whereas your kids are just confused.

Keep the kids and throw away the lights. Beleive me one problem at a time is about all you'll be able to handle this time of the year...