Monday, January 12, 2004

Mayhem was very cool! Paul and Nicki provided me with great hospitality. The teachers taught, the worshipers worshipped, the creators created, the organizers organized, the servers served and the Kingdom was present in our midst.

Bryan McLaren talked about being monastic missional urban catholic communities. If we substituted rural for urban it would be a description of where we are headed.

I got a lot out of the discussion about mentoring with Owen and Sandy. They are great folks that have "been there and done that" with regard to living in community. Having mentors is something that I really struggle with. I have never really been "discipled". I have never really lived in a real "community", so there is some risk involved in this adventure. Risk was a word that used more than a few times this weekend.

Risk -> Fear -> Questioning of self -> Paralysis is the formula that came to my mind. Knowing that I am not alone, not crazy, and only bound by my own woundedness is freeing! I am praying for some likeminded, mature believers who want to join the adventure of entering into a missional community for the long haul.

I've got more to say, but I have even more statistics homework to do before tomorrow night...oh, joy.... more to come....

No comments: