Sunday, March 07, 2004

I Am Proud...

I can say, maybe for the first time since moving here, that I am proud of our church. There is a little girl in our community that was born without the frontal lobes of her brain. She can't walk, talk, or really do much of anything. The mom and dad found out about some therapy in Philly that could help her. One of our small group leaders heard about the need and planned a spaghetti dinner fund raiser in two weeks. It was so cool to see him passionately pursuing mission! There were so many people helping out, each doing there thing.... I would say that between 400-500 people showed up! For our little town, I would say that is pretty amazing! We offered up some music while people stood in line and sat eating their food. It was fun to do some kid songs too. One of the few times I get to cut loose!

No comments: