Monday, March 15, 2004

Thanks for all of the input on individualism and the Christian. I have some more thoughts that I'll share later on the topic. I will take the criticism that "Emerging Church" was not the right term to be used. Please forgive me.... :-( My bad.

In other news...We have been having some real good times of fellowship with some people in our little town. God seems to be moving in some ways that certainly weren't expected. After Lent we are going to open our house up on Friday nights for the bruthas and sistas to hang out. We're waiting until after Lent because we live in a largely Catholic town, and a lot of our friends are former Catholics that still go to the fish fry. I personally like fish anyway!

We have given up one of our family favorite things (addiction?) for Lent. This is the first time we have really participated in Lent by sacrificing something. In addition, I'm going to help with an all-nighter for some teenagers on Maundy Thursday. We are staying up all night, fasting, meditating, reading Scripture and I'm sure some fun will be thrown in somewhere, then we will attend the community Good Friday service (I'm supposed to sing, so I hope I have a voice left after that!). I really look forward to participating in the Passion in this way.

No comments: