Monday, May 31, 2004

Good Stuff!

We are still serving at an IC for the time being. I am as detached from the political baloney as I can be. I layed down a vision for a "small group" ministry some time ago and a few people have given it a shot. Really, the vision was more "house church", but labels don't matter to me a whole lot. God is starting to do some cool things through these groups. People are experiencing deeper relationships with God and each other...confronting issues in their lives...serving each other...loving each other... To be honest, the only reason I keep doing what I'm doing is because I know there are people that God is influencing through us... I don't mean that in an arrogant way either.

We hung out with some friends from one of the groups last night. We braved the storms, tornadoes etc. for some fellowship, barbecue, music and study. It was worth it. My friend, Tom has been facilitating and is doing a great job! We discussed a chapter from Wild At Heart...talked about our fathers, taking risks, and what it means to be the Bride of Christ. We discussed the "wild, dangerous, warrior" side of God that doesn't get talked about to often in the IC. Good stuff! God-stuff!

We've talked to a group of folks that want to start meeting together, so we will gather next Monday. I look forward to what God is doing!

No comments: