Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rumblings

I've been having some rumblings in my mind about some of the things that I've been learning over the past few years and how they integrate within God's Story. In a response to an excellent discussion on Matt's blog about the definition and sharing of the Gospel I started to process some of this. I just want to ask some questions and start some dialogue about this stuff and lets see what we come up with...

Should my faith, redemption, fellowship with God etc. have implications outside of myself? If so, what?

Does the Gospel have implications outside of the individual? In other words, is it all about "me and God" or does God have a wider purpose for the Gospel?

Does the Bible speak of a purpose for the Gospel other than my individual redemption and restoration of fellowship with Him?

What are the pros and cons of an "individualistic Gospel" and one that takes the world into view?

I look forward to hearing what you think....

No comments: