Tuesday, June 22, 2004

We had church last night...

...didn't hear a sermon, didn't sing a song, didn't have an altar...we sat around the kitchen table of friends and poured out our hearts to each other. Tears were cried, and deep things in our hearts were made known...

It never ceases to amaze me when we gather in our homes to get to know Jesus and each other how the Spirit reveals Him to us. As we gather with some folks who want to love Jesus, but are just learning how after years of attending church, I am beginning to realize what servanthood means.

My friends on the journey still talk about loving the church we attend, not the church the family of God belongs to. They still talk about the programs and ministries of the organization and how much they are "blessed" by them. They still talk about how they feel such a part of the institution and they like it. You know what? I don't care. I was there once. God took me through a 3 year journey to get where I am at. I am believe that part of servanthood is allowing people the privledge of going through their process of coming to realize that Jesus is life. Exactly what we discussed last night:

Joh 1:3 Everything was created through him; nothing--not one thing!-- came into being without him.
Joh 1:4 What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by.


So, as their servant, I pray that God will help me keep pointing them to Jesus...Prayerfully, patiently, and hopefully full of compassion, mercy and grace...just how God has dealt with me on this journey...

No comments: