Wednesday, June 09, 2004

We had a great gathering the other night! People sitting around our living room, getting to know each other and talking about Kingdom stuff. I like it! We talked about why we go to the local church we attend, and what keeps us there, and what we wanted to get out of our gathering. We have a lot of former Catholics in our church, and the conversation turned toward the reasons that so many are choosing to attend Protestant churches.

I can't help but get the feeling that God is starting to move in Highland, IL. It has been so dry here for so long....I know that he was moving in the Hiduk house...

I am still seeking direction on the job front. Money is tight around here and I don't care for it. I'm not about wealth in the least, but when you can't take care of what you got it starts to wear on you... I have an offer for part-time work at the local library, but I wonder if it will be more trouble than it is worth...

We are playing some music at the Illinois Great Rivers Conference of the United Methodist Church. Basically, we are doing this at the pastor's request. These things are about as spiritually dead as you can get... I'm not backing down though. The band is going in with guns blazing! I think there might be some grey hair standing on end when we are done....

No comments: