Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Rant Alert

Is it just me, or does all this anti-Semitic crap about Mel Gibson's movie get on your nerves? I happened across a Newsweek article about the move here. I don't agree with everything they say, but they get the conclusion right: Christians being anti-Semitic is like someone hating themselves....and it sure is good to know I can count on Newsweek to set the theologians straight!

Here's my beef. I've been a Christian for awhile. I have NEVER been around any openly anti-Semetic Christians. I have worshiped with quite a few Messianic Jews though. Maybe I have my head stuck in the sand, but this seems like trying to punish me for what other other countries did years ago. Where does this kinda stuff come from? Is there a Christian version of the KKK that persecutes Jewish people? Don't get me wrong. Given the historical situation Jewish people have a right to be sensitive about being portrayed in a negative light, but JESUS WAS JEWISH!!!! This seems like subtle racial warfare to me. Then again, maybe I'm nuts....

I think, in reality, these people are scared to death of the Gospel.

No comments: