Tuesday, February 17, 2004

What is God doing?

Blue and Trish have a good discussion going on about "depression" and what God sometimes does through it.

I've never really been "depressed", so I'm not sure I would know what it feels like. I'm not sure I really care, other than I know it paralyzes some people and causes them to do some horrible, hopeless things. I really don't know what I'm going through right now. There is a certain amount of hopelessness involved, but maybe hopelessness can be a positive thing....Maybe I'm losing the hope of MY dreams, MY plans, MY perceptions of who God is, MY perceptions of what God should do etc. I feel rather hopeless about developing long-term intimate relationships within the context of a community. I am frustrated because I don't have friendships and connectedness that the Rains, Marshalls and Creechs have with each other...

While I feel like crap right now about some things I still don't necessarily feel that what I am going through is "bad" or unhealthy. I felt like Blue for my first 5 years of being a follower of Jesus. Now after 10 years I am in a different place. It would be nice to know what is on the other side....but isn't that the fun of the journey? You never know if an elf or an orc awaits around the corner.....

Thanks for all of the support, comments, suggestions and assorted "excrament" :-) . I think that this article may explain some of what I am going through....

No comments: