Saturday, November 15, 2003

Get Off My Back!

So I've been dealing with back problems for about two months. Tried physical therapy, muscle relaxers and exercises. The Dr. finally sent me for x-rays and it turns out I have a fractured L5 vertebrae! I have no clue how or when it happened either. I go for an MRI Monday and will talk to the Dr. again on Wednesday. Hopefully get some help.....

Since Trish blogged about her feelings on I Am Sam, I guess I will too.... I was struck by the little girl who kept getting out of bed and going to her Father's house in the middle of the night. The Father would bring her back and the next night she would do it again. I was reminded about my own longing for "home". A place that is comfortable and safe. Where I'm comfortable in my own skin (or new skin). Where I know that there is love waiting. Where I can know and be known. I think the closest thing on earth is real community. But, even real community at it's best is a poor representation of what waits for us around the corner...when we can take off our fig leaves and walk together in the Garden.

No comments: