Monday, November 03, 2003

An interesting morning...

I don't have a lot of prophetic dreams and stuff like that. It's just not how God works with me. My Granny (Mildred Hiduk) died about 18 months ago and I think about her often, but I think I am past the grieving at this point. This morning I woke up feeling the overwhelming presence of my Granny comforting me. The song I had wrote for her just before she passed away jumped into my head:

We had
Chicken and dumplings
And apple pie
Stories of people and days gone by
She didn't have much, but there was always enough
But most of all there was love


I told Trish as I got out of bed that I woke up missing Granny today. I went to the couch and cried a few tears and I told Trish that the cool thing about Granny is that you never wondered if you were loved. She was an awesome lady!

I'm sure the tears weren't just about missing Granny. Sometimes it's cool how God allows us to grieve and how God comforts us.

+Lord, I pray that I will have a legacy like Grannny's. I pray that people will remember me as a person who exuded love, comfort and hospitality. I thank You for Your comfort in my life.+

No comments: