Wednesday, November 26, 2003

(Trish) Roger and I were talking on the way home last night (after a really good time of worship! And fellowship!) about the fact that some of us are just going nuts right now. And I remembered that when we were in NA that around the holidays we would “beef up” our support for one another. A lot of people were abandoned by their families and they had no where to go. There was always someone in the fellowship who would open their home for such folks. We would pot luck and play games and sometimes we would even give gifts. For some it was the family they never had. For some it was really painful and emotional and they just simply could not participate. They would hide until December 26th. This year my eyes are open to the parallels that are between NA and house church, community living. I want to embrace the folks that we’ve left behind. Who need us to hold their hand or give them a little present to recapture some lost part of their childhood. I want to facilitate healing and reconciliation. I want to see God heal and mend broken hearts. That would be an amazing gift. My prayer is for the lonely and broken. My prayer is that you would do the same. Don’t get so caught up in the “Christmas stuff” that you forget what is truly important.

On a happier note! I was so incredibly proud of my husband yesterday! Hannah (our 6 year old) was a goose in a little play they did at school. Roger went out, bought all the stuff, used hot glue and made this darling costume of her! ALL BY HIMSELF! And some of the moms when she came out were making comments about how cute this costume was and who made it for her! I bet they were thinking her Mom did! But nope. Not a lick of help from me. Being a stay at home Dad has truly changed Roger. It’s a beautiful site to see. A few years ago he wouldn’t have touched this one with a ten foot pole! Thank you honey for being such a great Daddy! I love you..

No comments: