Friday, November 14, 2003

I Am Sam

(Trish) After reading Syndie’s blog yesterday morning I decided to go out and get “I am Sam.” WOW. Like she said, I was not prepared for this movie! I hadn’t even heard about it till yesterday and a flood of emotion came over me.

When I was 17 I got pregnant. I wanted a quick fix because I knew once my mother found out I would probably die. I wasn’t old enough to have an abortion and besides, the clinic I went to showed the sonogram and I went home that night and had nightmares. I couldn’t do any way. So now what? My aunt came to visit and we discussed the possibility of adoption. At first I was like, I don’t know about that. When you’re in this situation, NONE of your choices are easy. This is one reason why God wants us to have sex within marriage. Any way, time started rolling on and I started to grow and to love the little person in my body. Mom kicked me out and I lived in Foster Care with a 300 or 400 lb woman who was into herbs! I wanted FOOOOD! I was hungry! So, I had to do the welfare thing and food stamps for a while because my family wouldn’t help me. Well after visiting a few adoption agencies I decided no way. Back then they kept your baby in foster care for 6 weeks and I wanted my baby to go right home. There were other reasons but, I could type all day! I then found a private lawyer. He was terrific. We became friends and I spent time with him every week. In retrospect, he was probably screening me or trying to find out what kind of fiber I was made of.

On July 6, 1985, I gave birth to 9Lb 22 ¾ inch boy! He was perfect! Part of the deal with the lawyer was that I got to see him and spend 3 days with him. I got to hold and love and do a lot of kissing. I had a lifetime of those things to do in 3 days. The day arrived too soon to say good bye. God was so with me. I wasn’t a Christian yet, but I had clarity. I had strength of 10 men. I knew that I could not raise this baby the way he deserved. The lawyer came and the last thing I said to my son was, “Now you eat all your peas when your Mother tells you to.” I cried for days. I plotted all the ways I could keep him and get him back. I could get on welfare and work and do the day care thing. I was miserably alone and depressed. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I look at my kids and I cannot even begin to fathom what it would be like with out them.

After days of plotting and bargaining with the lawyer, my Mom (who doesn’t really like me) sat me down and put her hands on my shoulders and said, “ Tricia, please don’t let this baby grow up like you did. Let him have a normal life with 2 parents who can give him what he needs.” Words of wisdom that will forever be imbedded in my heart.

In July, my son turned 18. I have always secretly hoped that when he did, that he would come and find me. Hasn’t happened and unless it’s part of God’s plan, He probably won’t. This is what hit home with me from that movie last night. I didn’t realize how much emotion I’ve been harboring about this for so long. I love him. It would break my heart if he thinks I don’t or that I didn’t want him. I did. I was just young and unprepared to be his Mommy. I hope he will forgive me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just go and get decked out in your favorite teams' college baseball jerseys Even if one wants to give someone a gift that happens to be a fan of NFL then he has to opt for a cheap jersey which can be the best choice These real jerseys are in fact consisting of good quality fabrics To apply, students must present at minimum an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent or be 19 years of age or older The Hitachi Data Systems Storage Foundations Modular exam will also be one of two options as a prerequisite exam for all future Hitachi Data Systems Storage Certification Program technical tracks On January 8, 2007, Johnson declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft, bypassing his senior season at Georgia Tech
The strength and stability on the Jersey Barrier matched having a simultaneous adaptability made it the perfect choice for any Olympics' security requirements About author:is to a team, but is also a sign of unity and team spirit In addition, they have a sense of humor, which make the fans like them more all the wonderful in the moment, for you to be known! the five service detonated your visual nerves, with action and technology to verify that all! just Currently, one can find a great number of on the internet retailer that you just can determine People who are not educated have less opportunity to do what they want to do
Below is a short description about the NFL except from the blog:NFL is the abbreviation of National Football League, also called National American Football league in Chinese Just because a classroom teacher is limited to Mark Twain and Joseph Conrad doesnt mean you are You can find these Dallas Cowboys Jerseys not only in the state of Texas but also all over the world as well However, in 2009 he put the home up for sale to move to a horse ranch and winery, which produces wine under the label Montagia On the other hand, their genuine claim to fame is their Redskin Rita, the team's signature margarita, which goes for only $6NFL jersey wholesalers want to bear this in head when paying for from manufacturers as they want to be licensed in purchase to pay royalties to the NFLyou stay your own equip via presently there as well as wish the actual ball presently there, Cruz stated

[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/owen-daniels-jersey-cheap]Owen Daniels Texans Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/andre-johnson-jersey-cheap]Womens Andre Johnson Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/brooks-reed-jersey-cheap]Brooks Reed Youth Jersey[/url]