Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Here's Trish's thoughts on our Cincinnati trip:

I went to Cincinnati this weekend with very few expectations because I really had no idea what we would find, except people of God who understood what we were going through. On Thursday we arrived around 3:00 and freshened up a bit and went out to celebrate our 10th Anniversary! Wow... We’re a statistic now! We drove to the top of a small mountain or hill or whatever it was and ate DELICIOUS Italian food at Prima Vista.. A meal complete with an incredible view, appetizers, Bellini’s and of course a Gay waiter! He swept my crumbs away! Isn’t that sweet!?? We enjoyed our meal and each other and went down town, got a little turned around and decided to get some beer and just go back to the hotel... Fun night.. I am so blessed with my amazing Husband and look forward to growing even deeper the next 10 years.

We farted around all day Friday and finally got the Brown house where we met Kevin and Ken... I knew immediately that we belonged. There was peace in the atmosphere and I breathed it deep into my body. We connected very quickly with Nikki and Paul and Jack too! We felt free to share what was on our hearts with them and they did the same. This night was good because we got to sort of vent a little and I quickly realized that we were definitely not alone on our spiritual journey.. I liken it to Stephen King’s “The Stand.” We all met at Mother Abigail’s house! Ha! Any way, we talked and I even got a little pissed off and drank some beer ( sorry guys, I am not a huge beer fan!) Community, fellowship and candles were our evening and the big fire in the back yard. I felt Home....We met a lot of the people we’ve been reading about for a couple of months and it was really fun to put names to faces and to get to know them as people and not words on a page. I was so happy to meet the Creech’s and the Bean’s! We left around 10 or so and as we were leaving we saw the cigar guys on the front porch and secretly wished we had stayed to sit in on their discussion in which I was quite sure was juicy and rich... But we left and rested and got up early to come back the next morning.

The next morning held significance for both of us. Bill talked about bitterness and yeah, I was so there. I’ve been so bitter. I watched tears roll from his eyes and I was touched. We were prayed for and God spoke through Kevin and Rob words that we have longed to hear and we were comforted and loved. I felt the burdens lift from my soul and everything made sense for the first time in a long time. It was so nice to be in an environment where The Holy Spirit was invited and allowed to move at His will. It was beautiful to see others ministered to as well. The Best’s are so awesome and I was grateful that Syndie was so raw in front of us. Her honesty was so refreshing. I was privileged to be in the circle of prayer for their family..

Lunch was terrific! Ate with Levi’s Table and the Rains. Thanks LT for picking up the tab.. What a gift.. Later we took the tour with Dave and it was so great..

My highlight of the whole weekend was meeting and talking with Liz.. I had been reading her blog and I felt a connection to her before we even met.. We finally got to talk Saturday evening and I felt like I was talking to a long lost friend. Thanks Liz!

I am also excited about our relationship with LT. I believe we are on to something and it’s really cool!

Love you guys and feel blessed to have finally met you. Thanks for loving us..

No comments: