Wednesday, October 29, 2003

(Trish) I work for a Dentist in a small community called Breese, it’s basically surrounded by farms and some days on my way home from work I get stuck behind farm equipment that looks like something from a Sci fi movie.

Anyway, at my office I am the only person who actually has an office. I deal with finances and so it’s very private and when the transfer is complete, the door closes behind whatever staff member gives me the patient. I love this. I love being able to minister to people who are terrified of the Dentist. I love helping people figure out a creative ways to fit their treatment into their budget. I love it when my patients trust me enough to share emotional treasures with me.

Today I was able to help a 59 year old woman who is terrified of the Dentist identify why she was so afraid. She had a huge break through. Long time questions were answered for her. She also realized why she was unable to sleep for the past 7 years. At the end of the conversation I thanked her for sharing all of that with me and she thanked me for listening and for helping her. I put my hand on hers and reassured her that we would take excellent care of her... This is what I get to do every day at work.. Not always this deep, but on some level daily, God sends someone to me who needs Him. This is like breathing for me and I am so blessed to be in environment that allows me to use this gift.

No comments: