Sunday, October 19, 2003

We are back from our first Allgroup at Vineyard Central, the kids and Trish are tucked in bed and I'm blogging...

What an awesome experience! We arrived in Cincy on Thursday afternoon, checked into the hotel, got dressed and went to Primavista (Kevin's recommendation) for our 10th wedding anniversary. Great food. Great view. Hot wife. What else can you ask for? We went down to MainStrausse Village and checked out some shops and ate a great Reuben at a German restaurant.

We arrived at the Brownhouse Friday night to Kevin lighting some candles and Tiki torches on the porch. He immediately reminded me of my worship leading mentor where I got saved and as the weekend went on I was sure they were brothers.

It was surreal to meet the people that have influenced us through their blogs and websites. It was like meeting people in person that we had been spying on for a long time. We got to hang out and spend some time talking to Paul and Nicky who we really connected with. We drank quality beer, talked about the Kingdom and drank in the atmosphere of being surrounded by people who like-minded.

Saturday morning we arrived at the Brownhouse for the leaders gathering. Bill Bean , who is an awesome guy from Indy that I had the pleasure of talking with the night before started things off by talking about the different transitions that people are in and the bitterness that some of us go through as we are called to doing church differently. I wound up telling our story first and this awesome group of leaders prayed over us. Kevin's prayer totally confirmed some dreams that a friend of ours has been having regarding me teaching, and he had Trish pegged as a "spiritual mother". Then Rob Graham from Levi's Table prayed over us and started off saying "I see a garden." I freaked out because I have been writing some stuff about our future house church named "Soul Garden Gathering" which he know nothing about. God was definitely present!

It was such blessing to share in some of the other leaders pain and struggle. If this gathering did nothing else but provide a place where we can fellowship with like-minded people it would be worth the trip. It is a very lonely, confusing time for many of us. It is nice to know that we are not alone...

I will blog some more tomorrow about the rest of the day. Needless to say it was awesome.

No comments: