Sunday, October 26, 2003

I've been reading some of Wesley's writings and came across this article Finding God In Small Groups about how the early Methodist small groups worked. Intense committment and discipleship.

I currently attend a Methodist church and attended a "charge conference" held at our church today. The charge conference was a combination business meeting and worship service. There was one person under 30 (who was leaving for a new district that day) and maybe a few more under 50. I can't help but think that Wesley would not be pleased at the state of the church today.

We led worship and I was concerned that they really wouldn't get into what we did, but I was pleasently surprised and things went pretty well. I don't think I'll be going to another one though....

No comments: